SGC U-Drains allow for fast construction of open flow channels using high quality
factory cast units with a minimum of wet concrete works. SGC U-Drains also come
with or without Dry Weather Flow (DWF) channels. With ease of handling and installation
of SGC U-Drains, construction progress will be less affected by adverse weather
and thus reduce construction period and cost.
- SGC U-Drains are designed to the requirements of BS 8110:1997
- SGC U-Drains concrete cover to reinforcement: 25 mm
- SGC U-Drains are manufactured from high strength concrete with a 28 days characteristic
strength of 30 MPa to 40 MPa.
- SGC U-Drains come with 50mm diameter weep holes for drainage of the retained soil.
This helps to prevent build up of hydrostatic pressures when combined with the butt
jointed units. Hence, the relieved hydrostatic pressures are not taken into consideration
in the design.
- SGC U-Drains are designed for the two(2) standard surcharge loading conditions as
The weep holes provided in the SGC U-Drains units will be used as lifting holes
A spreader beam should be used when slinging the units to avoid crack in the leg.
SGC U-Drains should be stacked uniformly on level ground.
Laying & Jointing
SGC U-Drains may be laid on sand bedding. However, in bad ground, it may be necessary
to excavate deeper and place a layer of hard core before placing the sand bedding.
SGC U-Drains are designed with plan butt joints in standard length of 1m. Where
necessary, cement mortar is normally used to fill the gap between U-Drain units.
SGC U-DRAINS & U-DRAINS WITH DRY WEATHER FLOW
STANDARD SIZE SGC U-DRAINS SPECIFICATIONS
For standard size SGC U-DRAINS specifications, we have the following
nominal sizes (mm):